Cute

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Fire Hose Punching Bag

Alright! Again, I come with news. 😄
My last post/video was about preparing for Gastric Bypass Surgery.
That is not happening!
That is totally ok!
I have been sick with hives which I believe comes from
Leaky Gut Syndrome.
It would not be a good idea to go in there and rearrange my insides
when my guts are not healthy.

So once again, my home is my Reducing Salon!
Seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life HAHA


So with that I am creating my space to exercise, get stronger and lose weight.
I have a few things I have made using damaged fire hose.
Damaged fire hose also means free fire hose.
I have Battle Ropes made from hose anchored/wrapped 
around a post to our deck above our patio.

I am really not a punching bag type of girl,
BUT, 
I made a Punching Bag.
I will be one.

I could not find anything online to show me how to do it
or base my design on, so I did it on my own.
It is cool to see it done and it is pretty great!

I will share photos here that are pretty easy to see what I did to make it.
Please post any questions.
Although, I did not take any measurements, I just winged it.

So here are the photos....















The piles of hose shown in one of the photos is the hose I used. 
And I used ALL of it. 
It really used up a lot of hose filling the inside.
Rolls and rolls of hose in there. 
It is very heavy. I haven't weighed it yet, 
but I will when my husband helps me place an anchor on the underside deck and we move it. 

So go find some damaged hose and made one.
I feel I am "lucky" hahaha living in California and surrounded by wildfires
there is plenty of damaged fire hose.
That is not lucky hahaha
This hose is from the U.S. Forest Service Fire Dept.
Go ask your local Fire Fighters.
They are nice guys. They will have it, or they won't.
All they do with the damaged hose is throw it away.
This is a great recycle, re-purpose, reuse.
I need to go and get some more for my next Fire Hose exercise tool,
and other projects.



Go for it!
Thanks for checking it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment